New features are:
- Record storage increased to 1000 (previously the MF300F+ had 52).
- Record structures now includes a user selectable identifier (ID). This is a four character ID where each character can be (0-9 or A-Z).
- Next record can be selected by the user if reqired (record ID of the next record automatically displayed on the screen).
- Serial software updated to include partial database download and upload of record IDs to the instrument.
Diverse manufactures robust, portable, high power demagnetisers and magnetic instruments used by leading welding companies worldwide. Industrial processing and chemical plants work at high temperatures and pressures, with often aggressive media and stainless steel, the material of choice for these applications.
If the ferrite content of the stainless steel is too low, then welding of stainless material may crack at elevated temperature or with high stress or vibration. Alternatively if the ferrite content is too high, the weld may be weaker and corrode.
The Diverse Ferrite meter MF300Fe+ measures the Ferrite number (FN) of austenitic and duplex stainless steel weld material. It has a probe that is sensitive to ferrite content in a 10mm area to a depth of approximately 1mm. The instrument is calibrated using the secondary world standards validated by National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) in the USA.
All 16 standards are used in the calibration giving an instrument with a measurement range from 0 to 115 FN. Transfer standards are supplied with the instrument allowing performance to be verified at any time.
Features of the MF300Fe+ Ferrite Meter:
- Non-destructive test of the ferrite content in a range of 0.1 to 115 FN equivalent to 0.1 to 80.5% Fe in austenitic and duplex steel.
- Robust and portable.
- Standard or peak measurement of Ferrite Number.
- Estimate of ferrite percentage (70% of FN).
- Automatic Zero on demand.
- Supplied with 5 transfer standards allowing veracity of instrument to be checked.
- Storage of 1000 measurements including 4 character record ID, downloaded to PC with RS232/USB option.
- Use with high temperature samples (air-cooled probe option).
- Simple measurement with small sample area.
- Units selectable between WRC-FN and %Fe.
- Calibration to weld standards validated by NIST
- Supplied in Carrying Case.