Fiber Optic Modems | MD-1358/G Dual FOM
Both versions connect to standard CX-11230 cable on the shelter side and standard tactical fiber optic cables on the line side. The MD-1358/G DualFOM interfaces with the U.S. Military standard 2-fiber TFOCA's while the DualFOM-II interfaces with the newer TFOCA-II connectors.
Either will provide repeaterless transmission up to 16 kilometres and up to 32 kilometres when used with an additional MD-1358/G DualFOM or DualFOM-II serving as a repeater.
Both versions provide two separate and independent channels for full duplex transmission of voice and data signals and conform to JTC3A technical interface specification 9109c, which ensures compatibility with other standards compliant fiber optic equipment, including the MD-1272/G single channel FOM.
Benefits of Fiber Over Coaxial Cable
- Lighter weight and smaller size for much quicker deployment
- Higher bandwidth for increased throughput
- Lower loss for long distance repeaterless communication up to 16 kilometres
- Better quality - safe from electromagnetic interference from any source
- More secure - no electromagnetic signature
- Low Maintenance
- Interconnect Tactical Communication Assemblages including:
- Radio Terminals
- Radio Repeaters
- Tactical Switches
- Circuit Switches
- Tactical Multiplexers
- Satellite Support Radios
- TACC Shelters
- Tactical Communication Systems
- Down the Hill Links
- Intra-Node Cabling
- Dispersed Command Post
- Digital Order wire Equipment