The Fischerscope® H100C measuring system was conceived to measure the Universal Hardness (according to DIN 50 359, Draft DIN 55 676 and Technical Report ISO TR 14 577).
The advantage of the Universal Hardness measurement versus the conventional Vickers Hardness measurement is that it is free of subjective influences such as the optical measurement of the indentation diagonal.
However, the Fischerscope® H100C is also suited for hardness measurements using Berkovich, Knoop or various spherical indenters. The direct measurement of the indentation on the video screen allows for a simple measurement of the hardness according to Vickers. Additional material properties can be computed using the WIN-HCU® Software.
The various possibilities of hardness testing and the determination of various material properties open a broad range of applications.
Among them are testing of electroplated coatings (decorative, functional) as well as paint, synthetic or hard material coatings (PVD, CVD) and of materials used specifically in medical technology applications.
In addition, at electronic components, bond wires, etc. or even on hair, the Fischerscope® H100C offers the user valuable information about important quality criteria.
- Measurement of the Universal Hardness (HU) under test load by measuring the indenter displacement depth (according to DIN 50 359)
- Test load range from 0.4 mN to 1000 mN.
- Measurements on coatings with less than 1 micrometer thickness are possible.
- Use of different indenters (Vickers, Berkovich, Knoop, various spherical indenters)
- Various instrument models adapted to the applications