The flame detectors incorporate an internal flame relay with automatically set ON/OFF thresholds, thereby eliminating the need for a remote flame amplifier or flame switch.
Phoenix scanners detect the amplitude of the modulations (the flame "flicker") that occur within the targeted flame, over a wide frequency. During the detector setup procedure, the amplitudes of the target flame are automatically stored by the flame detector, together with optimum ON/OFF criteria. The appropriate sensor gain is automatically selected. Phoenix scanners incorporate full self diagnostics and electronic self checking.
The Phoenix 85UVF/IRF is available in multiple models differentiated by detection cell type, levels of hazardous area certifications and agency approvals. The Phoenix 85UVF/IRF flame scanner is powered by 24Vdc. Electrical connection is via an 8-pin electrical quick-disconnect (QD) for the Standard models and internal terminal blocks for CEX models. An analog 4-20mA output of flame strength is standard.
Features and Benefits of Fireye Phoenix 85UVF Flame Detector Scanners:
- Fireye 85UVF self-checking scanners are used to detect 295 to 340 nanometers wavelength ultraviolet emissions.
- Fireye 85IRF self checking scanners are used to detect 830 to 1100 nanometers wavelength infrared emissions. They are suited for continuous or non-continuous burner operation.
- NEMA 4X and IP66 Class I Division 2 Groups A, B, C, D.
- Reliable Interface Simple 4 button keypad and informative LEDs.
- Compatibility UV, IR and CEX versions.
Typical IR Applications:
Duct Burners, Industrial Oil Burners, Refinery Applicaions, Waste Oil Units and Incinerators.
Typical UV Applications:
Duct Burners, Industrial Gas Burners, Refinery Applications, Low NOx Burners, Waste Gas Units and Incinerators.