Capital Safety, the global leader in fall protection has announced the launch of their latest fall protection and safety innovation, the DBI-SALA® ExoFit STRATA™ harness. This harness is the first full body safety harness designed and tested with data-driven, third-party research, resulting in a harness that is more comfortable, cooler and lighter to wear.
The DBI-SALA ExoFit STRATA harness features a number of solutions-based elements including:
- A first-of-its-kind LIFTech™ Load Distribution System, LIFTech takes the weight off a worker's shoulders and redistributes it down to the hips, reducing forces on the shoulders up to 85 percent when compared to leading harnesses.
- PolarMesh™ padding keeps users' backs cooler with greater air flow.
- Revolver™ Vertical Torso Adjusters and Duo-Lock™ Quick Connect Buckles offer added security and help workers adjust their harness to a perfect fit.
- An EZ-Link™ Quick SRL Adapter helps workers efficiently attach their personal self retracting lifeline (SRL) such as the DBI-SALA Nano-Lok™ SRL, reducing the time it takes to connect and disconnect by up to 80 percent.
- Tech-Lite™ Aluminium D-rings allow for optimal reliability without adding significant weight to the harness.
"We work to maximise safety protection for at-height workers and provide fall protection solutions that complement the everyday work and demands of the job," said Rick Millar, Technical Manager at Capital Safety. "Not only do workers need to be protected in the event of a fall, but they also need to be effective and comfortable during long hours on the job in all environments, and under all conditions. ExoFit STRATA is a harness that supports wearers 100 percent of the time because it provides them with the mobility and comfort they need to function on the job."
In July 2015, Capital Safety partnered with ergonomics specialists from the Sweere Center for Clinical Biomechanics and Applied Ergonomics at Northwestern Health Sciences University to create data-driven research to further validate the need for greater innovation in harness development. The research looked at key worker complaints such as the load on the back and shoulders, limited range of motion, and body temperature while wearing the harness. The results confirmed that each of the first-of-a-kind innovations incorporated into the ExoFit STRATA directly addressed these issues in a measureable way.
“When testing leading harnesses we were looking to find measureable solutions for key issues that have become barriers to worker safety,” said Bradford C. Bennett, PhD, lead investigator of the study. “Is it comfortable enough to wear all day? Does it allow for ease of movement? Is it adjustable enough to allow for a proper fit? Is the worker comfortable even after taking it off? We quickly discovered that not all harnesses measure up to the task. ExoFit STRATA truly excelled at solving these issues that historically, have been inadequately addressed.”
Capital Safety, a 3M Company, is a global manufacturer of fall protection, confined space and industrial rescue equipment and home of the DBI-SALA® and PROTECTA® brands. All of Capital Safety’s fall protection equipment and services are backed by extensive training, knowledgeable technical assistance and professional customer service. Capital Safety was acquired by 3M in August 2015. For more information contact Capital Safety on 1800 245 002 (AUS), 0800 212 505 (NZ) or visit them on the web at www.capitalsafety.com.au