AMC’s reputation for geotechnical expertise extends across the full range of mining methods and deposit styles, from small-scale selective narrow-vein mines to the world’s most productive bulk mining operations.
We have an unrivalled combination of experience and expertise in managing difficult mining conditions such as those present in deep, high-stress underground mines with squeezing ground conditions or seismicity.
AMC provides advice to some of the world's largest open pits.
Our geotechnical consultants include world-class experts in slope analysis and design, ground support, stress analysis, caving, and mine seismicity.
AMC has developed innovative software to model granular flow in caving operations and novel methods for analysing seismic data and specifying ground support requirements in seismically active mines.
- Developing and implementing geotechnical data acquisition programmes.
- Analysis and interpretation of ground conditions.
- Mining method selection.
- Ground support design for high-stress and seismic conditions.
- Caveability and fragmentation analysis.
- Optimizing mine layouts and extraction sequences from a geotechnical perspective.
- Numerical modelling using MAP3D, FLAC3D, 3DEC and ABAQUS.
- Modelling alternate draw strategies in SLC and block caving mines using CaveSim.
- Developing and reviewing ground control and seismic hazard management plans.
- Instrumentation and stress measurement programmes.
- Seismic monitoring, ranging from the lease of portable seismic systems to full analysis and review of seismic databases.
- Longwall support modelling.
- Longwall monitoring.
- Open pit design and slope stability analysis.
- Operational support and mentoring.
- Audits and reviews.