The HH4-WT has a ratiometric input designed to interface with standard 4 wire strain bridge sensors. The HH4-WT is intelligent yet simple to operate. The instrument may be scaled to read directly in your engineering units over the range of -19999 to 19999.
A unique optional feature provides for external storage of the calibration scaling for multiple sensors. The calibration for each sensor is stored in a special optional memory chip within the sensor plug and automatically over-rides the calibration of the HH4-WT to match the connected sensor.
This feature is ideal for testing load cells and calibration of weight or pressure over a wide range using a series of sensors. If required, the display may be set to zero by pressing the “Zero” pushbutton.
The maximum and minimum readings may be recalled by pressing the “Max” or “Min” pushbuttons and may be reset by holding the button down for 2 seconds. A “User” pushbutton allows for any one of a selection of operations such as peak hold, display hold, tare or alternate calibration.
The alternate calibration allows the display to be cycled between preset calibrations and is ideal for unit conversion e.g. kPa to PSI, kg to lbs or mV/V.
The standard RS232 interface allows data to be stored and analysed on a PC or laptop computer. An automatic switch off function has been integrated into the design to switch the instrument off after a programmable preset time period - thus increasing the battery life.
Features of Hand Held Load/Force/Pressure Meter - Model HH4-WT:
- Pushbutton calibration and setup
- Stores calibration of multiple load cells/transducers
- Recalls maximum and minimum readings
- Up to 22 bit resolution depending on settings e.g. at 2.5mV/V, 10 samples/sec. and digital filter setting of 2 resolution is 18.5 bits (0.034 ìVolts).
- Pushbutton zero
- May be calibrated by entering the mV/V characteristics of the sensor or by applying a known load/pressure
- Selectable sample rate up to 100 samples/sec.
- User pushbutton may be programmed to any one of a selection of functions e.g. peak hold, display hold, tare or alternate calibration
- RS232 serial communications standard
- Digital filter improves stability
- Rugged construction
- Automatic low battery indication
- 9V 216 type battery supplied
- Padded carry case (optional)
- Programmable auto turn off
- 2 year guarantee
Specifications of Hand Held Load/Force/Pressure Meter - Model HH4-WT:
- Input: Ratiometric 4 arm strain bridge
- Input sensitivity: 0.5mV/V to 100mV/V selectable
- Accuracy: Up to 0.005% of full scale, dependant on mV/V range and sample rate
- Sample rate: 5 to 100 samples per second
- Resolution: Up to 22 bits depending on settings e.g. at 2.5mV/V range resolution can range from 0.54ìV to 0.0042ìV depending on sample rate and filter settings.
- Excitation voltage: 5VDC
- Microprocessor: MC68HC11 CMOS
- Ambient temp: 0 to 50°C
- Humidity: 5 to 95% non condensing
- Display: 4½ digit LCD 11.75 mm
- Output: RS232 serial data
- Battery: 9V 216, (Alkaline recommended)
- Quiescent current: 20ìA typical
- Operating current: 20mA typical (excluding transducer current)