This year's theme is 'pledge for parity'
This coming Tuesday, March 8, is International Women’s Day, a day to celebrate the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. The day also marks a call to action for accelerating gender equality, as this year the campaign theme is ‘Pledge for Parity’.
In line with the ‘IWD2016’ theme, here are a few facts about women and the Australian workplace;
- The Australian Workplace Gender Equality Agency reports that the gender pay gap in Australia is currently a less-than-stellar 17.9 per cent, and has remained between 15 and 19 per cent for the past twenty years.
- Research published by the World Economic Forum suggests it will take another 118 years, or until 2133, for the global pay gap to close. In 2016, Australia is at 36th place out of 145 countries; putting us below the OECD average and 12 spots behind where we were in 2015.
- As any hard-working woman knows, an EY study found that women in flexible roles waste less time than the rest of the working population.
- An AIFS study found that women who work 15-24 hours per week believe their job improved their time with their family and made them a better parent.
- BusinessDay research suggests that women fill an estimated 23 per cent of senior executive roles.
A Mitrefinch time and attendance system has many unique features to assist in managing your complete workforce. The system features robust inbuilt reporting capabilities to ensure you have all the information you might need at your fingertips.