Electromagnetic fields are the medium wherever such forms of communication are used. These fields affect everything around them including the people that are moving within them. Complete coverage would otherwise be impossible.
There has been a dramatic increase in the variety of telecommunications services over the past 20 years. In addition to the traditional radio, TV, analog walkie-talkie and military signals, we now have new services such as GSM, UMTS, CDMA, DVB-T, WLAN, WiMAX, and TETRA. When it comes to assessing safety, the question is: What proportion of the overall field strength is coming from which source?
This question can only be answered using a frequency-selective measuring set – an instrument that analyzes the spectrum and can therefore determine which source is currently active and what its field strength is at the moment.
The Selective Radiation Meter SRM is perfect for such investigations. Developed from the globally successful SRM-3000, it provides superb facilities for selectively and accurately measuring and evaluating electromagnetic fields reliably and using minimal technical effort and time.
Complete, easy to use test system, consisting of a base unit and measuring antennas, for non-directional detection of fields and their sources in the frequency range from 9 kHz to 6 GHz.
When it comes to different areas such as occupational safety, the general public and the home, the relevant field levels can vary.
With its triaxial probe, the SRM-3006 measures the electromagnetic field selectively, by service and frequency, regardless of where the radiation is coming from. You can view the results as a field strength or as a percent of the legal limit. It provides an immediate summary of all sources with their field strengths, right on the spot. Narda’s Selective Radiation Meter SRM-3006 is a selective measuring device designed especially for evaluating safety considerations involving electromagnetic fields. The device is highly portable, battery-powered and immune to interference so you can take it with you wherever you go.
It covers the frequency range of main interest from FM radio to 3rd generation mobile radio systems. The SRM evaluates the field strengths it measures in accordance with the applicable regulations, and delivers results as a field strength level or as a percent of the legal limit. No PC is required for this operation.
- Wide frequency range from 9 kHz to 6 GHz
- Single and three axis (isotropic) antennas
- Broadband measurement
- Irradation proof up to 200 V/m
- Spectrum analysis
- Simultaneous display of averahe, maximum and minimum values
- Direct result display in all operating modes, also referred to the permitted limit value – no conversion needed
- Code-selective measurement (UMTS P-CPICH demodulation)
- Programmable measurement routines and setups stored in the instrument for rapid measurements
- Standard-compliant measurement with isotropic (non-directional) results from 9kHx to 6GHz
- Automatic antenna and cable recognition
- Outdoor capable: high radiation immunity; robust and spash proof; batter replacement in-situ