Lengths of over 50M are possible utilising only a singe drive. The secret is in the designed strength of the SPIRAC spiral. Angles up to 35° are possible, after which our range of vertical conveyors can be employed.
The shaftless spiral allows higher filling rates and lower rpm’s resulting in less wear and consequently less maintenance and downtime.
Although the spirals can be made of many different materials, the primary material is HTMAS (High Tensile Microalloyed Steel) - a special steel from Sweden with mechanical properties that result in the SPIRAC spiral having a very high tensile strength.
Eliminating intermediate and end bearings reduces major maintenance work. It also allows efficient and direct transfer into another conveyor – horizontal, inclined or vertical.
SPIRAC’s proprietary liner, DURAFLO SPX, has been designed specifically to ensure low wear and long life.
A combination of material thickness and formulation gives DURAFLO SPX its unique wearing characteristics. DURAFLO SPX has been developed over many years and is one of the key features which ensures that SPIRAC conveyors are industry leading.
The DURAFLO SPX liner also has a built-in wear indicator with a snap-in, snap-out feature enabling easy replacement.
SPIRAC conveyors are totally enclosed. There is no spillage of the material being conveyed and odours are completely contained. SPIRAC’s direct-drive design allows a clean and efficient transmission without the maintenance required with belt and chain drives.
- Ability to handle varying flow rates, consistencies dry solids contents, free water, temperatures without problems from a single fixed speed.
- Totally enclosed – no visual or odour contact from inlet to outlet.
- Safe transport – lids fully bolted along length.
- High fill rates – low power, low speeds = low wear and balanced transportation.
- No spillage of materials during transport – no carry over.
- No ragging or blockage possible.
- Low operator intervention.
- Can convey directly into the side of a secondary or vertical conveyor.
- Wide range of sizes and designs available.
- Multiple outlets possible.
- Highly flexible design- many support + operational facilities possible.
SPIRAC Conveyor specification
- HTMAS (High Tensile Microalloyed Steel)
- 304 & 316 Stainless steel
- Special coatings available
- DURAFLO SPX
- Stainless steel
- Duplex Stainless steel
- Direct coupled
- Variable speed option
- Fully enclosed with bolted or quick release lids
- Inspection ports
- 304 & 316SS. Duplex SS, Mild Steel
- Gland Packing
- Electronic shearpins
- Automatic controls
- Motion sensors
- Limit switches
- Sewage screenings conveyance and dewatering
- Sewage sludge conveying
- Sewage grit conveying
- Industrial waste product conveying
- Pulp and paper rejects conveying