With its unique flashing light source, SafEye is immune to false alarms, which had been previously experienced by traditional open path systems, and were caused by direct or reflected radiation from Sunlight, Flares, Illumination and other "Black Body" radiation sources.
The SafEye unique flash source gives a very powerful radiation signal (10KW in a flicker frequency of 1-100KHz) for a very short time, less than one millisecond at pre-selected intervals.
This patented feature enables the detector to address only the high intensity and ultra fast signals that correspond to fast changes in gas concentration, while ignoring all other background radiation.
The SafEye system can be used in highly sensitive areas to detect low gas concentration levels or in industrial applications where an alarm condition is activated only when a specific hazardous concentration level is exceeded.
The SafEye is fully functional in heavy fog, rain, etc, that results in up to 90% of the signal being attenuated.
SafEye is built for reliability and continued operation under all types of extreme environmental conditions. This is the field experience, which is demonstrated by the SafEye operational installations, ranging from the very humid and hot Far East to the wet and cold North Sea to the dry and cold slopes of Alaska.
The SafEye system contains built in temperature sensors located in the gas sensor compartment. Each SafEye unit is factory calibrated through the entire operating temperature range.
The temperature compensating mechanism allows correct operation in changing and extreme temperatures while maintaining the system's accuracy. Its internal microprocessor will automatically compensate for low signals with its internal Automatic Gain Control (AGC).
An optional RS-485 output provides data communication for a single system or a network (as many as 256 detectors) to a host computer for central monitoring.
- Offshore Oil & Gas drilling and production
- Petrochemical and chemical storage and production areas
- Storage & loading of hazardous materials and waste areas
- Engine & turbine air intake and modules
- LNG-LPG storage, pumping and filling
- Fence-line emission monitoring
- Storage "Fence-line" protection
- Paint-booths and paint production
- Bus terminals (switching from diesel to natural gas)
- Long range gas detection up to 140m
- Simultaneous detection of C1-C8 flammable gases
- High sensitivity and fast response to Hydrocarbon gases
- Compatible with extreme and harsh environments
- Solar blind and immune to industrial environments
- Withstands extreme vibration conditions
- Interfaces with most commonly used control panels
- Standard 4-20mA, Dry Contact Relays
- RS-485 Output for PC communications
- Explosion proof enclosure
- 3 year warranty