C.I.Agent polymers have a long chain molecular structure that is highly cross-linking with organic liquid hydrocarbons, enabling C.I.Agent to solidify and suppress harmful vapors of sheen, gasoline, diesel, and oils, including crudes, upon contact. The by-product is an inert, solid, rubber-like mass that floats in both fresh and salt water. Being environmentally responsible, C.I.Agent has been tested non-harmful to aquatic life and waterfowl. The solidified by-product is 100 percent recyclable as raw material for asphalt, rubber and plastic production, or can be burned as fuel.
C.I.Agent® can be used in loose granule form, dissolvable film packs, pillows, booms, and hydrocarbon flow filters. C.I.Agent can be effectively used for both spill prevention and clean up. As a spill prevention tool, C.I.Agent has become the engineered solution for the electric utility industry for SPCC Secondary Containment and for oil contamination removal in underground vaults and manholes. C.I.Agent® Hydrocarbon Flow Filters, storm drain inserts, and sheen bags can remove hydrocarbons from water to levels below 5ppm without impeding the flow of water.
C.I.AGENT® PERFORMANCE SPECIFICATIONS:
- Solidification rate by weight: 4 parts contaminant to 1 part C.I.Agent®
- Solidification speed depends on the type and viscosity of the hydrocarbon
- Solidifies all organic hydrocarbons
- Works equally well in fresh and salt water
- Can be used in extreme hot or cold conditions; has indefinite shelf life
- No expensive mechanical equipment required for recovery
- Does not sink
- Renders hydrocarbons into a non-hazardous inert ,solid, rubber-like mass
- Suppresses harmful hydrocarbon vapors
- Can be disposed of in most landfills, eliminating the “Cradle to Grave” liability and fees associated with hazardous waste disposal*
- Can be 100% recycled as raw material for asphalt, rubber and plastic production, or can be burned as fuel
C.I.Agent® is available in loose granule form and in dissolvable film packs in standard quantities packaged by weight: 10 lb., 50 lb., 100 lb., 200 lb., 400 lb., and 800 lb. units. Granules are available in 30 gal., 55 gal., and 95 gal. over packs. C.I.Agent® Dissolvable Film Packets are available in 4 oz., 8 oz., and 16 oz.
*Always check with Local, State, and Federal Regulations prior to disposal.