The HCS-BR Heating Cable is used for In-Slab heating applications. The HCS-BR is suitable for large areas where the slab is used for heat storage. The cheapest electricity needs to be used, either off-peak, if available, or using a timer to ensure off peak rates. HCS-BR has a slow response time and will take between 10 - 24 hours to heat up, depending on slab thickness.
The HCS-BR is a flexible double insulated single cable system, with a multi-strand heating cable and kevlar core, where required, giving superior strength to prevent cable failure due to slab movement.
The HCS-BR cable has a heat output of 160W per m² at 200mm spacing and is available in pre-determined lengths ranging from 30m to 200m. Comfort Heat staff can select the correct cable length for your heated area, with a 200mm clearance from walls and fixtures.
The HCS-BR cable is installed before the slab is poured. The cable is attached to either the mesh (ie. F72) or the reinforcing rods that have 200mm centres (one direction only).
- Cable Type Single conductor heating cable with earth screen
- Construction Multi-stranded heating wire with double insulation, earth screen and sheath
- Insulation: 4000 V
- Rated Voltage: 230 Volt AC; Rated output 30W/m
- Cold Tail Length: 3.5 metre with splice connection
- Cable Diam. 5mm
- Cable Standard IEC800 Class II
- Warranty: 10 years