The Sundström SR500ex is an intrinsically safe (i.e. for use in explosive or ignitable atmospheres) battery-powered, fan-assisted air-purifying respirator that can be used as an alternative to negative-pressure filter respirators where these are recommended. This applies particularly to extended periods of hard work in warm conditions.
The fan can be used with certain Sundström hoods, face shields or full face masks. The fan unit is fitted with a suitable filter, and the filtered air is fed through a hose to the facepiece.
Features of the Sundström SR500ex Intrinsically Safe PAPR:
- Intrinsically safe
- Single-button operation
- Visible and audible alarms in case of interrupted air delivery
- NiMh battery
- Up to 6.5 hours' operation
- Approximately 2 hours' recharge time
- Supplied with 2 filters/cartridges/combinations
- Can be used with hoods (SR520, SR530, SR561, SR562), shield SR540ex, or full face mask SR200