KEPServerEX leverages OPC (the automation industry's standard for interoperability) and IT-centric communication protocols (such as SNMP, ODBC, and web services) to provide users with a single source for industrial data. Designed around the four product pillars of Proven Interoperability, Centralized Communications, On-Demand Scalability, and Industrial Strength, KEPServerEX is developed and tested to meet our customers’ performance, reliability, and ease-of-use requirements.
You can add multiple driver “plug-ins” all within a single OPC server without worrying about learning new communication protocols or spending time understanding new applications. The list of drivers includes PLC and device drivers, database and application specific drivers, and a user-configurable driver for serial and Ethernet data acquisition.
This latest release of KEPServerEX delivers major functionality additions plus typical communication protocol enhancements. KEPServerEX now offers a Math and Logic option called Advanced Tags. This enables KEPServerEX to perform mathematic, logic, and advanced functions – Counter, Timer, Min, Max, Average and Accumulation.
New Features in version 5.x include an OPC-A&E Interface, new Drivers for Automation Direct and Mettler Toledo plus the “The OPC Server Toolkit that Isn’t” – The Custom Interface Driver. 18 other drivers have been enhanced.
- Manufacturing Suite gives the industry professional a comprehensive list of drivers to work with at an affordable price. You will get access to all of our standard drivers for use on a single PC/Machine
- Automation Suite provides industry professionals with access to the world’s leading communication software needed to facilitate the management of building lighting, HVAC, power, safety
- Oil and Gas Suite provides industry professionals with access to the world’s leading communication software needed to monitor and control petroleum, natural gas, and pipeline process installations.
- Infrastructure Suite provides automation, IT and operations professionals with access to the world’s leading communication software needed to monitor
- Power Distribution Suite gives the Power Distribution professional a comprehensive list of drivers to work with at an affordable price.
- LinkMaster OPC Bridging Software provides the means of linking data between OPC Servers, thus acting as a universal bridge for OPC Systems. Additionally, LinkMaster is an OPC and DDE server allowing it to act as a bridge between legacy DDE systems and new OPC enabled applications.
- RedundancyMaster increases the reliability and availability of OPC data by allowing multiple OPC Servers to be configured into redundant pairs. Each redundant pair seamlessly appears as a single OPC Server to any OPC Client application. RedundancyMaster can be added to an existing server/client application without any reconfiguration of the application, keeping your processes going with out any down time
- ClientAce – OPC .NET ToolkitOPC enable your .NET applications with ClientAce. ClientAce provides a drag-and-drop interface to quickly and easily attach OPC items to any property or custom control built in Visual Studio. Furthermore, its full-featured .NET API provides effortless access to OPC UA, OPC DA, and OPC XML-DA server applications without previous knowledge of the OPC standard.
- Kepware Customized Training Program: Kepware offers monthly training classes, hosted at our headquarters in Portland, Maine. This 2-day course provides seating for up to 10 attendees. Course dates and details are available below. Customers can also schedule on-site customized classes at their facility with the Kepware training staff, or attend “on-the-road” training at special events throughout the United States, and internationally in regions such as Asia and Europe. If you have interest in Australia for training please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- DataLogger Option for KEPServerEX OPC Server: The DataLogger is an easy-to-configure application that logs data from an OPC server to any ODBC-compliant database. DataLogger’s tight integration with KEPServerEX provides substantial, unique benefits such as simple installation, high-efficiency performance, and easy browsing of tags in the OPC browse space.
- Advanced Tag Option for KEPServerEX: The Advanced Tag Option for KEPServerEX offers a convenient, cost effective, and straightforward way to generate new data and aggregate existing data into information suitable for high level archive and analysis. Through Advanced Tags, users can measure the duration of operations, totalize events, perform averages over a group of sensors, set trigger conditions for data acquisition, and combine machine conditions to generate an overall machine state. These capabilities are extremely valuable for future analytics.
- Alarms and Events (OPC A&E): Kepware’s Alarms and Events plug-in for KEPServerEX can help reduce costs and improve performance. OPC AE clients can receive and monitor process alarms, operator actions, informational messages and tracking/auditing messages directly from KEPServerEX’s Alarms and Events Plug-in. Monitor areas of a process that may require operator attention when defined thresholds are met, such as; safety limits of equipment, event detection, and abnormal situations. The Alarms and Events plug-in can also be used to help identify faulty equipment, create maintenance work orders and improve on operator’s effectiveness. In addition to the operators handling of Alarms and Events, the plug-in can also be used to collect and record alarm and event information for audits or used in correlation with other historical data.The single, consistent interface of KEPServerEX allows you to truly maximize the promise of a top server in OPC communications. You can add multiple driver “plug-ins” all within a single OPC server without worrying about learning new communication protocols or spending time understanding new applications. The list of drivers includes PLC and device drivers, database and application specific drivers, and a user-configurable driver for serial and Ethernet data acquisition.
IoT Gateway: Lead the charge on the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) at your organization with the IoT Gateway for KEPServerEX. It connects Operations Technology (OT) with Information Technology (IT), enabling visibility across the enterprise. The IoT Gateway leverages the 150+ communications drivers within KEPServerEX to seamlessly stream real-time industrial control data directly into Big Data and analytic software applications for Business Intelligence and Operational Excellence.
Enterprise and cloud-based solutions enable organizations to search, monitor, analyze, and visualize KEPServerEX-generated data coming from PACs, PLCs, RTUs, flow computers, OPC servers, and other industrial hardware and software. Kepware has partnered with Big Data and analytics providers to enable insight into the operations and conditions of industrial devices and systems.
- Measurement, Verification, and Constant Commissioning: Ensure that devices in the field operate as intended.
- Capacity Planning: Monitor data for risk of unplanned device or system downtime.
- Root-Cause Analysis and Remote Troubleshooting: Gain a better understanding of the cause of a particular failure on a particular device and improve efficiency.
- Anomaly and Outlier Detection: Identify outliers that may be an early indicator of issues in device production or deployment.
- Safety, Security, and Compliance: Gain visibility into system performance or set points that could put machines or people at risk, and quickly develop and access reports for compliance purposes.
- Cybersecurity: Improve security posture across industrial systems to mitigate emerging cybersecurity threats.