Level Transmitter - Sonar Bed Level Measurement System
Principle of Operation - Product of the Year Award
The reflected signal is processed using specially developed software algorithms, that eliminate lighter floating densities and stratified layers, allowing measurement of "RAS" or "BED" levels. It can be calibrated to measure lighter densities like "FLOC" or one of the outputs could be used for a "CLARITY" output, similar to a basic turbidity transmitter measuring solids in suspension.
By choosing the correct sonar transducer frequency, the ORCA sonar guarantees the optimized performance when measuring both light and heavy density interfaces.
Primary Areas of Application
- Sewage & Wastewater
- Primary Sedimentation - Blanket level
- Secondary and final Clarifiers - RAS Blanket and fluff/pin floc layer
- Thickeners and DAF - Bed level and clarity of water
- Sequential Batch Reactors - Blanket monitoring (floating sonar)
- Lagoons - Bed sludge level
- Lamella Clarifier - Bed level and floc level
- Mining / Process
Clarifiers, thickeners, CCDs, settling ponds/lagoons, water treatment, carbon columns