MEROBEL's wide range of solutions includes hightechnology components such as EMP (Electro Magnetic Particles) Brakes & Clutches, Web tension Digital Controllers and Electronics, various sensors and transducers.
EMP Brakes and Clutches principle.
The EMP powder reacts to the variation of a magnetic field generated by a coil.
Varying the powder's "viscosity" leads to the control of the torque transmission between the primary and the secondary rotors.
When the secondary rotor is fixed to the equipment frame, the device is acting as a brake.
When the secondary rotor is free to rotate, the device is acting as a clutch.
Feature and Benefits
The torque is proportional to the electric current
The torque is independent of slip speed and offer
- Reliable, stable torque without chock or noise
- Low residual torque
- Continuous slip
- Bi-directional rotation
- Low wear, long life-reduced maintenance
- Dust free
- Thermal dissipation increased by the installation of cooling fins (radiator)
- Fast response time
- Low electric power control
- Easy remote control
- Linear smooth, silent
- Easy to integrate in any type of system