MAXIMO can boast all the advantages of that well known, accurate and fast machine combined with a very large work area. This result is obtained with a simple but highly effective solution: a complete PLATINO machine - with its mechanical structure, laser generator, CNC, moving carriages, optical chain and focusing head - travelling on rails over a fixed working table, processing sheets of any lengths with the only limitation of the space available in the workshop.
In addition to the movement axes of the PLATINO machine (the Z-axis for the vertical movement, the X- and Y1-axis for the longitudinal and transversal one), MAXIMO features a further Y2-axis, which allows the machine to move beyond its Y1-axis stroke, as far as the sheet metal to be processed requires.
MAXIMO is available in a 3-axis and a 5-axis version.
MAXIMO 5 features the Heavy Duty head with focal axis for 2D, 3D and bevel cutting.
MAXIMO is quickly and easily installed. There is in fact no need of a complete foundation: thanks to a peculiar patented solution for the main carriage guidance and isostatic support, only two plinths of the same length of the Y2-axis stroke are needed.
MAXIMO obviously takes advantage of all PLATINO's unparalleled features, which make the machine highly reliable and easy to use even for the less experienced operator:
- the focal axis for the automatic and programmable adjustment of the focal position and stand off, which allows cutting a variety of materials and thicknesses without manual interventions and keeps the process accurate in the entire work area
- the rapid lens changing system (from 5" to 7.5")
- head equipped with anti-collision safety device
- the off-line 2D CAD/CAM and “nesting” software package for quick, easy and cost-effective programming
- the fast-piercing unit for ferrous material of higher thicknesses