The operating principle is based on independent drive shafts offering greater torque and variable particle size is determined by the cutter/spacer arrangement. The unit can be supplied with a feed hopper or delivery chute to assist material entry and discharge.
For improved processes at Bio Gas plants, the Series F Muncher has been successful in reducing the particle size of organic waste to offer a more homogeneous mixture. By introducing this homogeneous waste to digesters, gas production is increased, which is a benefit for combined heat and power systems. The need for costly disposal is also eliminated.
Features and Benefits of Series F Munchers:
- Improved manufacturing processes for the cutters ensure lower maintenance costs compared with similar machines
- Independent drive shafts offer greater torque
- Variable fragment size is achievable by the cutter/spacer arrangement
- The gearboxes and cutter chamber are independently mounted on a heavy fabricated, steel structural base frame, creating both a more durable construction and making access to individual parts much easier for maintenance duties
- Each Muncher is supplied with a programmable logic controller (PLC) to protect the machine against damage and overloads
- Comb bars are fitted as standard to eject particles and eliminate blockages