Features and Benefits
The module supports complete Master specifications according to IEC 61158. Acyclic parameter data can be transferred with Class 1 or Class 2 DPV1 services, allowing processors to easily communicate with slave devices supporting PROFIBUS DPV0/V1 protocol.
The module acts as an input/output module between the PROFIBUS network and the ControlLogix processor. Data transfer from the processor is asynchronous with the I/O data transfer on the PROFIBUS network.
ProSoft Technology offers a wide range of PROFIBUS connectivity solutions for all Rockwell Automation platforms including wire and wireless stand-alone gateway products.
ProSoft Technology's PROFIBUS DP Communication Module is CIPconnect(tm) enabled.
What is CIPconnect(tm) Enabled?
CIPconnect(TM) provides connectivity for a PC to the ProSoft Technology PROFIBUS module over Ethernet using Rockwell Automation's 1756-ENBT EtherNet/IP module. This allows the user to configure the PROFIBUS Master module and network, upload, download files and view network and module diagnostics from a PC.
- Provides the freedom of accessing a ProSoft module from anywhere the Ethernet network allows.
- Allows FDT Asset Management software to connect to devices using freely distributed communication DTM.
- Allows for wireless type connections to the module.
- Simplifies IT administration in supporting a single IP address per rack especially when multiple ProSoft Technology modules are required.
What else does ProSoft's PROFIBUS module do?
- PSW-cDTM-PDPM comDTM support is included, allowing users to connect FDT or Asset Management software to a PROFIBUS network.
- RSLinx is not required for configuration. All that is needed is an IP address and slot number.
- PROFIBUS connectivity is also available for Rockwell Automation's CompactLogix and SLC platforms, and in stand-alone wired and wireless gateways.
With the growing usage of the PROFIBUS DPV1 protocol in the industrial marketplace, this product has a wide variety of application uses. Industries that use this technology include:
- Power and distribution applications
- Water and Gas Applications
- SCADA and DCS applications
The MVI56-PDPMV1 PROFIBUS Master module acts as a PROFIBUS network scanner, transferring Input and Output data between PROFIBUS devices and the ControlLogix data memory over the backplane.
- Easy-to-use drag and drop Master Busview configuration interface via ProSoft Configuration Builder software
- Project-unique GSD file import library
- Monitoring and Modification of process data and DPV1 acyclic data
- Multidrop on a PROFIBUS DPV1 network with other compatible devices
- Automatic project documentation
- Automatic Bus Parameter calculation
- Online slave diagnostics
- Supports all standardized baud rates, up to 12Mbps
- Supports extended diagnostic data (DPV1)
- Auto baud detection at all valid PROFIBUS DPV1 rates
- Multiple masters can be placed in a single rack
- CRC checksum determination of slave configuration consistency to processor
- Master Status LED Indicators for Operations, Network Communication, Master Token-Hold and Network Configuration.
- FDT/DTM PROFIBUS master transport communication DTM software included (see PSW-CDTM-PDPM)
- Single Slot - 1756 backplane compatible
- The module is recognized as an Input/Output module and has access to processor memory for data transfer between processor and module
- Ladder Logic is used for data transfer between module and processor. Sample ladder file (add-on instruction) included.
- Local or remote rack
- Configurable I/O backplane sizes allow optimal performance for remote rack applications
- CIPconnect(tm) enabled. Module supports communications with ProSoft Configuration Builder and FDT comDTM via Ethernet routing using Rockwell Automation Ethernet interface.
PROFIBUS Master Specifications
- Up to 125 Slaves can be connected with a repeater
- Up to 1536 cyclic bytes input and 1536 bytes output data
- Supports Extended Diagnostic Data
- RS-485 optically isolated PROFIBUS Interface with on board DC-DC converter
- Acyclic communications (DPV1), Read and Write
- Alarm Handling (DPV1)
- Supports Sync and Freeze commands
- Supports PROFIdrive 3.1 compliant parameter read and write operations
- Supports Multicast and Broadcast telegrams (DPV1)
PROFIBUS Master Port
- DB-9F Optically Isolated RS-485
- Ready, Run, Error and Token LED Indicators
- PROFIBUS DPV1 RS-485 interface with a 9-pin D shell female connector and isolated Opto-Couplers