This new sensor is also suitable for the one-sided thickness measurement of different materials.
- The new IFS2406 series confocal sensors manufactured in Germany are non-contact, maintenance-free, providing long-term stability.
- The confocalDT from Micro-Epsilon includes the fastest controller currently available in the world and achieves measurement rates up to 10kHz using an LED light source and 70kHz using a Xenon light source.
- It provides high precision measurement results in displacement and distance measurement tasks, as well as thickness measurement of transparent objects.
- A wide range of sensors and various interface options such as Ethernet, EtherCAT, RS422 and analogue output open versatile fields of application.
- The IFS2406 sensors are specially designed for vacuum applications. They stand out due to their compact size, submicrometer accuracy and a small spot size for measurement.
The sensor models are extremely versatile in how and where (Ex areas) they can be utilised thanks to its axial and radial measuring directions. The measurement channel is parameterised via an user friendly web interface.
As well as distance measurements on reflecting or transparent surfaces, these sensors can also be applied in one-sided thickness measurement of transparent film, plates or layers. Typical fields of application includes displays and glass production, medical engineering and research and development.