Principle of operation:
- The Hydrocore™ non-slam check valve gradually opens when the pump starts running.
- Gradually closes at a speed controlled by the valve's speed control orifice.
- Gradually reduces the flow through the valve while closing.
- Utilises a spring to ensure a valve closed position.
- Can be installed in a horizontal or vertical position.
Long life & low maintenance
All moving parts and surfaces of the Hydrocore™ non-slam check valve are made from stainless steel in order to minimise corrosion and prevent scale buildup. The valve's shuttle is suspended by bronze bushes.
Spring Loaded Shuttle
The Hydrocore™ non-slam check valve's spring maintains a closed valve position when the valve's upstream is empty. The spring also assists the closing function on reverse flow conditions.
The Hydrocore™ non-slam check valve speed is determined by the speed control orifice. Decreasing the orifice size slows down the closing speed and vice versa.
The Hydrocore™ non-slam check valve face to face dimensions comply with ANSI B16.10 standards but could be increased upon request by the client.
Dimensions & Ratings
- 25NB (1") - 600NB (24")
- 10 bar (147 psi) - 250 bar (3675 psi)
- Flanges - ANSI B16.5, SABS 1123, BS4504, BS10, ASME B16.34
- Couplings - Tapered shoulders and other pipe ends
For more information on the Hydrocore™ non-slam check valve, please click here.