The piezoresistive sensor chip is housed in a fluidfilled cylindrical cavity and isolated from measured media by a stainless steel diaphragm and body. As with all NovaSensor® silicon sensors, the NPI Series employs SenStable® processing technology, providing excellent output stability.
Product Description of NPI-19 Series Current Driven Medium Pressure, Media Isolated Pressure Sensor:
The modular design allows for a variety of pressure port modules, which are hermetically welded to the sensor header module.
For compensation of temperature effects, a complete resistor network is supplied on a hybrid ceramic substrate. The IsoSensor design minimizes temperature errors to provide a maximum full-scale offset error of 75% FSO over the 0 to 70°C compensated range.
Features & Benefits of NPI-19 Series Current Driven Medium Pressure, Media Isolated Pressure Sensor:
- Solid state, high reliability
- High sensitivity, 100mV FSO with 1.0mA excitation
- 316 stainless steel, wetted surfaces
- Linearity 0.1% FSO typical
- Thermal accuracy FSO 0.2% typical
- Four standard ranges: 0-15 to 0-250 psi available, gage or absolute
- Standard configurations include:
- 1/2"-20 UNF threaded male port with 1.0" flange
- 0.74" diameter x 0.28" long cylinder with o-ring seals
- 1/4"-18 NPT male port with 7/8" flange
- 1/8"-27 NPT male port with 7/8" flange
- Custom configurations and other pressure ranges available.
Applications of NPI-19 Series Current Driven Medium Pressure, Media Isolated Pressure Sensor:
- Process control systems
- Hydraulic systems and valves
- Automobiles and trucks
- Biomedical instruments
- Refrigeration and HVAC controls
- Appliances and consumer electronics
- Ship and marine systems
- Aircraft and avionic systems