The Avara optical pre-amplifier product is rack mountable RAMAN Amplifier with integrated EDFA pre-amp and DCM modules for use in long haul optical transmission applications.
These units are designed for PDH, SDH, SONET and optical Ethernet transmission applications, and has been developed to integrate with optical telecommunication equipment manufactured by any vendor.
The products provide integrated RAMAN and EDFA technologies, compliant to ETSI and Telcordia standards.
The Avara optical amplifiers can be used in applications to extend the range of equipment operating at 1550nm (C-band).
Assuming a fibre loss of 0.22 dB/km, the booster in conjunction with the preamp can extend the range of a typical transmission system by up to 200km once typical losses are factored in.
- Wide operating temperature range (0 to 50 °C)
- 19 inch rack mounting for easy installation
- 2 Rack Units height
- -38 to -70 VDC power supply
- Dry contact alarm outputs
- FC, SC and E2000 connector options available
- Built-in SNMP Agent
- Built-in Web Server for HTTP based management
- Configurable output power in 1dB steps
- Optical input power level monitoring
- Optical output power level monitoring
- Temperature monitoring
- High reliability
- Low power consumption
Components for long haul optical fibre link
Avara produce a full range of optical modules, as per diagram above, to meet varying link budgets.
The DCM provides a passive solution for increasing optical distance performance.
- OBA - Optical Booster Amplifier
- FEC - Forward Error Correction Module
- ORA - Optical RAMAN Amplifier
- OPA - Optical Pre-Amplifier
- DCM - Dispersion Compensation Module
Full individual brochures available for above products.