The color sensors of the new SPECTRO-3 series From Applied Measurement Australia.
With the SPECTRO-3 series there now is a family of color sensors that has been specifically designed for "true-color" detection ("human color reception") and high switching frequency.
The sensors can be operated both in AC and in DC mode, with integrated or external light source. With the included SPECTRO3-Scope software illumination can also be turned off with a simple mouse-click, which then also allows the color and brightness inspection of self-luminous objects such as LEDs, automobile tail lights, halogen lamps, or fluorescent lamps.
Up to 31 colors can be provided through the 5 digital outputs, the maximum switching frequency is 30 kHz. Apart from a super-bright white-light source, a high-performance UV light source also is available, which allows the color and brightness differentiation of fluorescent colors without any problems. Different frontends make it possible to implement operating distances of almost 0 mm through to 500 mm, with detection areas of Ø 0.5 mm to approx. Ø 100 mm. The use of an optical fibre version allows applications in Ex areas.
In the SPECTRO-3 series great importance was attached to a compact design and to the largest possible extent to a uniform appearance of the various types (M34 design), which facilitates sensor installation.
Characteristics of the SPECTRO-3 series
- Optical-fibre version with different optical fibres and frontends
- Light spot sizes with a diameter of 0.5 mm to 100 mm, or a cross-section of 0.2 mm x 2 mm or 0.7 mm x 4 mm
- Operating distances from 0.5 mm up to 2000 mm
- Diffuse illumination for gloss effect suppression (DIF types)
- Wide dynamic range due to focused white-light operation (FCL types)
- Polarisation filter for avoiding gloss (POL types)
- Color fluorescence evaluation with UV illumination (UV types)
- Switching frequency of up to 30 kHz
- High-speed color mark detection
- siM evaluation according to the L*a*b* method
- RS232, USB, and ETHERNET connection
- L*u*v* measurement of extraneous light sources
- Teaching to a product series (Teach Mean Value)
- High-speed automatic light power adjustment
- Color candidate selection acc. to the "smallest distance method"
- Teaching of up to 31 colors
- Forming of color groups
- Compact M34 housing
- SPECTRO3-Scope Windows® user interface