Benefits and Applications
The very durable Akril panel was originally developed as a cost effective alternative to painted glass – but its qualities of versatility, flexibility and workability let it stand alone in all kinds of domestic, commercial and display situations.
Akril is an environmentally friendly, highly engineered polymer, enhanced with colour. Quite simply, it offers a new source of design inspiration for showers, laundries, kitchen doors and walls and any area in the home or office where direct heat will not be applied.
Being half the weight and up to 40% more cost effective than painted glass is a great start – but Akril has so much more going for it.
It's the ideal canvass for architects and designers where facelifts or image upgrades are needed because they can be completed quickly and efficiently.
It's ready availability and ease of installation reduces lead times and delays. Akril has higher heat distortion than conventional polymers (up to 100° Celsius) which means it has more applications and scratches can be polished out.
Put simply, Akril Panel allows builders to turn up on site and deal with any variation presented in the construction phase in a creative and cost effective way.
Features at a glance
• Very cost effective when compared to painted glass;
• Versatile, flexible and workable;
• Brilliant in domestic, commercial and display situations;
• High tech engineered polymer;
• Enhanced with colour;
• New source of design inspiration;
• Off the shelf and readily available;
• Reduced lead times and delays;
• Higher heat resistance (100° Celsius);
• A range of designer colours and surfaces;
• Scratches can be polished out of gloss surfaces;
• 10 year UV warranty;
• Environmentally friendly.