RIIOHS401D Supervise work in a confined space
PUAEME001B Provide emergency care
PUASAR022A Participate in a rescue operation
PUAEME002C Manage injuries at emergency incident
Who should attend:
People who are required to safely enter and either work or undertake rescue of other persons from a confined space. Over three days we teach you the skills to become proficient to act in case of an incident at your workplace. The course is a balance of practical sessions and necessary classroom based theory so it is both safe and well received by our participants. Talk to us about customising this course to suit your unique circumstances.
- Course introduction and enrolment.
- Definitions and how to identify a confined space as per AS/NZS2865 - 2009.
- Relevant legislation explained.
- Case studies of unsafe confined space entry.
- Rescue considerations, roles and responsibilities.
- Establishing a command and control centre.
- Notification of emergency services.
- Risk assessments and hazard control.
- Permits to work and other entry procedures.
- Preserving the accident scene.
- Gas awareness and atmospheric monitoring.
- Ventilation and cleaning methods.
- Isolation and tag out methods.
- Breathing apparatus use.
- Safe working at height including, Tripods, harnesses, fall arrest and insertion/recovery equipment.
- Fire extinguisher use.
- Search and rescue drills in a confined space.
- Practical exercise for persons to conduct an actual rescue from a confined space.
Practical and theoretical and application based assessments.
When: As required
Where: On your site or at our training facilities
Duration: 3 to 5 day course available
Class Size: Up to 8 people