Plant Room Cleaning
The Plant, equipment and all associated components in a building should be serviced and maintained in accordance with the suppliers’ requirements and best practices.
Regular cleaning of the Plant Room by a Jaymak service technician can form a vital part of the programmed maintenance procedures that need to be implemented by the building owner or nominated maintenance managers or engineers to met their legislative requirements under this standard.
Plant Rooms often form a critical part of the air-intake for ventilation purposes for AHU and air-conditioning systems of a building. The proper maintenance and cleaning of this area is often neglected as it is out of sight.
Preventative maintenance and cleaning of Plant Rooms should be planned with a Jaymak Energy & Hygiene consultant during the time of the Plant Room Hygiene Health Check. An annual cleaning structure is normally adequate in most buildings. The condition of the Plant Room needs to be monitored conscientiously not only for reasons of microbial control but also to minimise energy usage and to improve plant reliability.
Sick Building Syndrome and other building related illness such as legionellosis invariably arises from neglected hygiene standards in these areas.
As part of an annual service, Jaymak can provide the following services:
- Remove all waste materials, rags, old media, surplus plant, equipment, furniture etc which may present a physical or fire hazard.
- Carefully clean all plant, machinery and equipment to remove dirt, dust, cobwebs, excess grease and fungal spores from bird roosts and vermin droppings.
- Paint specific areas with our specially designed anti-microbial paint.
- Clean the floor with broom/vacuum cleaner and wash down with JayKlean – a specifically designed surface cleaner that is a biodegradable product and meets TGA requirements as a hospital grade disinfectant.
- Ensure all drains are clear, and flushed where necessary.
- Check that fresh air inlets are not blocked with stored materials and that cleaning equipment, and other odorous materials are not stored in fresh air plenums.
- Report any damaged or missing warning signs, labels or identification tags.
Today, Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) and energy efficiency are major concerns to building owners, engineers and maintenance managers. A clean and well maintained Plant Room ensures legislative requirements are met and promotes good operating practices and hygiene standards.