Firestone Airstroke™ actuators are tough and have flexible wall bellows engineered into different shapes to perform different tasks. These single acting pneumatic actuators contain no internal moving parts to break, bend, cause internal scoring or require lubrication.
- No maintenance or lubrication required
- Simple design and simple to use
- Economical solution
- Ability to tolerate side loads
- Require no lubrication or maintenance
- Compact installation
- Rapid cycling ability
Eliminate side loads caused by misalignment
- Side load flexibility making it ideal part of conveyor equipment
- No sliding seal therefore no breakaway friction as with conventional cylinders
- Unique capability of stroking through an arc without a clevis
- Offer considerable performance and cost benefits for many high speed operations and those requiring reliable performance in aggressive environments
- Can be used instead of more expensive hydraulic systems, for example, when applying large forces, or slower and bulkier conventional metal sleeve cylinders
Conveyors and Processing
Airstroke sizes are available from about 31mm diameter (2.2 in) to 940mm (37 in). The smaller sizes provide a wide range of forces required for conveyors and processing operations, while the largest sizes allow force up to 40,000kg each using only 7 bar (100psi) air pressure. Yet the capital cost of an air spring is normally less than half that of an hydraulic cylinders or pneumatic cylinders with equivalent capabilities.