Semi-pneumatics are fitted to two piece wobble-free steel centres. Manufactured from 1.8mm steel.
[NOTE: some of the cheaper centres on the market are manufactured from steel as thin as 0.6mm]
'Deep Groove' shielded bearings fitted to a toughened heavy duty housing enables true running and extra strength (NOTE: Deep groove bearings can last up to 3 times longer than normal pressed bearings).
4 ply for longer, rougher life (many imports use 2 ply).
For wheels pulled or pushed at low speeds (not driven) the tread pattern is not critical. The following are standard; other patterns can be offered by negotiation.
- RIB: Straight lines along the tread, common on wheelchairs.
- LUG: General purpose, outside use. Strongly marked cross lines on a fairly flat tread surface. Good for running in a straight line.
- LGG: Grey rubber LUG - non-marking of floors
- DMD: Diamond shaped pads on a flatter surface. Often used in rougher construction sites. Good for softer grassed surfaces, but may become clogged with mud.
- ZGG: Grey rubber zig zag - non-marking of floors
- KNO: This knobbly pattern is often preferred for outdoor use, where its strongly marked tread takes a good grip on soft ground.