It is also suitable for many applications where watertightness and mechanical protection are required.
The compound is suitable for use with paper or polymeric cables up to 1000 volts. It also provides secondary insulation and mechanical protection to medium voltage cable joints up to 22kV provided it is not subject to significant electrical stress.
Features of the HENLEY Polyurethane Resin Compound:
- Tough but resilient when set – provides electrical insulation and mechanical protection.
- Sets within an hour and does not go through a 'cheesy' phase (when a slight disturbance can cause cracking).
- Content includes two-part high quality resin and hardener which are supplied and mixed in a closed foil bag. Can be further mixed with sand in a plastic bucket.
- Mixing instruction included.
- Back filling is possible immediately after pouring, if the joint is supported and not disturbed.
- Suitable for continuous cable operating temperatures up to 90°C.
- Shelf life 24 months from manufacturing.
- Stores between 10°C - 40°C.