The fan-assisted air flow of the Sundström SR500 Powered Air-Purifying Respirator (PAPR) may be of benefit during extended periods of work in warm conditions. The fan can be used with Sundström hoods, face shields or full face masks. The fan unit is fitted with a suitable filter and the filtered air is fed through a hose to the face piece.
The SR500 was recently given an Ingress Protection rating of IP67, certifying that the assembled unit is completely dust-tight, and also resistant to immersion in water to a depth of 1 metre for 30 minutes.
- Normal (175 l/min) and boost fan (225 l/min) operation
- Lithium-ion battery with a useful life of 500 recharging cycles
- Battery available as Standard (STD) or Heavy Duty (HD)
- Battery recharge time: approximately 1.5 h (STD), 2 h (HD)
- Supplied with 2 filters
- Operating time up to 13 h
- Single control for on, off and operating status
- Automatic air flow control
- Can be used with Sundström hoods, helmets, shields or full face masks
- Also available as SR500ex (intrinsically safe model)
- IP rating 67