GRW manufacture ball bearings with rolling bearing tolerances according to DIN 620, accuracy classes P0 to P2, and AFBMA Standard ABEC1 to ABEC9. The production of extreme precision miniature bearings is GRW's core competence.
The Standard range covers ball bearings from 1 to 17mm bore and 3 to 40mm diameter, flanged outer rings, extended inner rings and various types of retainers and shields. In addition to this GRW also manufacture bearing units and special ball bearings based on standard parts in order to minimize development times and hence development costs.
GRW Extreme Precision Bearing Capabilities:
Standard bearings cannot cope with Extreme conditions, GRW are the specialists when it comes to Extreme conditions such as the following:
- Heat - Even at blistering temperature up to +450°C GRW`s Extreme Precision Ball Bearings for Extreme Environments & Conditions operate reliably. Equipped with special lubricants and coatings they can even be used in high temperature furnaces, welding systems and turbojets.
- Frigid Temperatures - For frigid temperatures down to -270°C special lubricants, coatings as well as as unique bearing materials allow these to operate in these environments. They also exhibit trouble free running in liquid helium.
- Chemicals - Destructive forces of acid and alkaline baths are no match for GRW`s special materials. Applications in the chemical industry are as numerous as their unique solutions to solve them.
- Salt - Whether surfing or game -fishing, on deep -sea vessels or for offshore applications -GRW`s ball bearing are suited for the challenge. GRW`s Extreme Precsion Ball Bearings for Extreme Environments & Conditions have solutions for fresh and chlorine water applications.
- Blood - Blood is an extremely corrosive medium. Even GRW`s smallest and highest precision bearings survive this medium. Whether it be Blood Pumps, Surgical or Dental Handpieces these bearings meet and exceed the highest medical industry requirements.
- Sterilisation - During sterilisation of medical and dental instruments ball bearings are subjected to several extreme conditions like cleaning media and heat. With the proper material and our experience we have solve this problem.
- Radiation - Whether cosmic radiation or X -ray`s, whether in aeronautics or in the field of medical engineering - by processing special materials and lubricants GRW`s Extreme Precision Ball Bearings for Extreme Environments & Conditions guarantee functionality and reliability for these applications
- High Speed - Extreme speeds demand highest precision as well as the tightest tolerances. Applications with speeds up to 500,00 RPM is a standard.
- Vibration - High frequent oscillations, vibrations or rocket launch - GRW`s ball bearings also withstand these difficult conditions. Customised bearing solutions guarantee optimised performance and loading capacities.
- Vacuum - In aerospace as well as terrestrial applications, the vacuum environment places particularly high demands on bearings. Intelligent solutions with respect to materials and proprietary innovations are elements of GRW`s Extreme Precision Ball Bearings for Extreme Environments & Conditions with cutting edge technology.