As the media temperature increases the capillary fill fluid vaporizes, causing an increase of pressure within the bourdon tube, and activates the movement and pointer for proper indication.
Dial scale graduations are non linear, therefore, the highest degree of accuracy and readability is found in the upper half of the scale.
Specifications of Remote Thermometer | Vapour / Gas Actuated from NoShok:
- Sizes: 2, 2 1/2, 3 1/2, 4 and 4 1/2 inch sizes
- Case Material: Brass or stainless steel (dry or liquid filled)
- Connection: Bottom connection; back connection; lower back connection
- Optional Fill Fluids: Glycerine, glycerine-H2OD and silicone
- Mounting Options: Front or rear flange, bezel & U-clamp
- Ranges: -40 to 60 oF/C through 50 to 400 oF/C
- Capillary Length & Mateial: Copper & SS; 5 foot to 40 foot
- Bulb Material & Dimensions: Copper or SS; 2 5/8" x 7/16" through & 7" x 12"