Why lose it when you can re-use it?
It’s well known that water and sewerage are both essential components for the development of new communities. Of course, we also know how hard it is to harness the former and optimise the latter! With Aquacell’s water recycling systems, developers have the opportunity to save money and water through an integrated approach to water use.
Benefits of wastewater treatment
Traditionally it has been the role of governments to provide centralised water and sewerage infrastructure, often with little regard for recycling. Yet as populations increase, so too does the need for water and sewer services.
Recycling is an important part of the solution and is often much easier to provide as a decentralised scheme rather than by augmenting centralised municipal plants. The benefits of recycling wastewater include:
Reduced upfront cost to help your cashflow: Recycling with an Aquacell system gives you the ability to stage the cost in parallel with the building program if required.
- Control your destiny: Choosing an Aquacell system means that developers are able to implement their own system independent of central utilities (subject to local regulations).
- Lower operating cost: It often costs less to operate the Aquacell than the significant fees from water utilities for ongoing sewer access. The other advantage is that potable water consumption will be reduced by recycling, further reducing charges.
- Sustainability: By reducing potable water demand, less pressure is placed on the potable water supply.
- Greenhouse gas reduction: Because water is recycled on-site, pumping distances are reduced.
- Amenity: Recycling for landscaping will improve green gardens and lawns, which improves the visual appeal and property values year round.
The Aquacell approach
Aquacell has delivered numerous localised greywater and blackwater treatment/recycling solutions across Australia. We have the experience and knowledge to navigate complex regulatory frameworks and ensure that positive greywater and blackwater recycling outcomes are achieved.
Applications for residential developments
Aquacell’s blackwater and greywater recycling technologies are employed for applications such as cooling tower re-use and discharge to sensitive environments.
Our unique modular technology is utilised in the Aquacell range, emphasising on aesthetic design with low noise and no odour. Your environment will be enhanced by the inclusion of an Aquacell system.
Our systems use either a single source or combine water from a range of possible sources for a range of uses. The best option depends on the site.
- Bore water
- Swimming pool backwash
- Toilet flushing
- Cooling towers
- Car washing
- Environmental flows
You can download our brochures for more information on our blackwater systems and greywater systems applicable to new residential developments.
Our systems include a built-in control instrumentation which continuously reacts to the ever-changing quality of effluent without an on-site operator. Our expertly trained Aquacell engineers remotely monitor all systems via the internet, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
Data acquisition and compliance reporting is built into the Aquacell system from the ground up. All our systems are backed by expert knowledge, service and maintenance support. This is our ongoing guarantee to ensure your peace of mind.
For more information on Residential Developments Wastewater Treatment, please click here.