In addition to the 8 RS-232/422/485 serial ports, the UC-7408 also has 8 digital input and 8 digital output channels, making it suitable as a data acquisition solution.
The digital I/O feature of the UC-7408 provides users with the convenience of connecting digital devices to a front-end embedded computer. The UC-7408 can be used for on/off event handling by reading the state change of the digital input signal. In addition, output signals from external digital devices can be imported in through the UC-7408's digital input channels, and the UC-7408 can be programmed to take immediate action when it detects a change in the state of the signal.
The digital output channels on the UC-7408 can connect to devices and trigger digital output signals to control external digital devices.With the digital I/O feature, Moxa's embedded computers support both data acquisition and protocol conversion through the RS-232/422/485 serial ports, and simple I/O control with the digital I/O signals.
Choose a pre-installed open standard Linux OS or the more common WinCE OS. Software written for a desktop PC can be easily ported to the UC-7408 platform by using a common compiler, without needing to modify the code. All the software you develop for your own applications can be stored in the UC-7408's flash memory.
- Intel XScale IXP-422/425, 266/533 MHz processor
- 128 MB RAM on-board, 32 MB flash disk
- 8 RS-232/422/485 serial ports
- 8-ch digital input and 8-ch digital output (TTL Signal)
- Dual 10/100 Mbps Ethernet for network redundancy
- CompactFlash socket for storage expansion
- PCMCIA supporting WLAN, GPRS, UMTS, HSDPA
- Ready-to-run Linux or WinCE 5.0 platform
- DIN-rail or wall-mount installation
- Robust, fanless design
- -40 to 75°C wide temperature models available