The series combines innovative products, modern design and world-class engineering with high safety standards, approved to UL 508 and therefore tailored to the requirements of the North American market.
Important notes for the use of busbar systems to UL 508/508A
One key difference from the IEC provisions on busbar systems concerns the creepage distances and clearances required by UL for use in feeder circuits.
The following distances are required:
- Between phases:
- Creepage distance 50.8 mm (2 inches)
- Clearance 25.4 mm (1 inch)
- Between phase and earthed, uninsulated metal parts:
- Creepage distance and clearance 25.4 mm (1 inch)
- All the Rittal RiLine60 components in this brochure comply with these requirements.
- Please note two further points compared with the IEC version:
- The Rittal RiLine60 UL busbar supports for flat bars and Rittal PLS have increased creepage distances and clearances between phases.
- In order to guarantee the required distances between live parts and the earthed mounting plate, the use of a Rittal RiLine60 base tray is compulsory.
Products which conform to the relevant regulations are a key factor for problem-free acceptance of electrical systems in North America.
UL-approved components provide a suitable basis, saving time and money for the user by minimising acceptance problems in advance.
This brochure summarises all the Rittal RiLine60 products which are suitable for use in feeder circuits to UL 508A