Bradford Acousticon Roofing Blanket consists of a glasswool blanket designed for optimal acoustic performance adhered to an impermeable reinforced reflective foil facing.
The glasswool blanket is manufactured by spinning molten glass, containing up to 60% recycled content, into fine wool like fibres. These are bonded together using a thermosetting resin.
The Bradford Thermofoil facing extends 150mm beyond one longitudinal edge of the blanket to provide an overlap when installed. The product can be identified by its golden appearance and foil facing.
Acousticon Roofing Blanket is designed specially to reduce rain noise under metal deck commercial and residential roofing.
Acousticon will also substantially reduce reverberant noise within the building. Although acoustic control is its principal function, Acousticon also provides excellent thermal insulation and condensation control benefits when installed under metal deck, fibrous cement and concrete roofs.
Typical examples include:
- Buildings in flight paths
- Industrial buildings and warehouses with no ceiling
- Buildings near main roads
- Buildings that contain industrial processes where noise may affect nearby residents
Features and benefits
- Lightweight insulation blanket
- Reduces noise entering buildings through the ceiling
- Reduces overall building energy usage
- Helps prevent condensation
- Reduces rain noise
- Can be stored externally due to water resistant packaging
- Can be custom cut to required length to reduce waste and installation time
- Non combustible
- Made from Biosoluble formulation
Click here for further product information