Thermotec Walltherm is for vertical applications and can be easily cut and shaped to suit a variety of geometries.
The roof insulation shall be "Rooftherm" and the wall insulation shall be "Walltherm", manufactured from fire retarded Low Density Polyethylene closed cell foam having a density of no less than 50kg/m3.
The product must have a thermal conductivity co-efficient not greater than 0.034 W/mK at a mean temperature of 20 degrees C. The water absorbtion rate must not be greater than 2% after 28 days immersion. Where thickness exceeds 10mm the product must be flame laminated.
The insulation can, if required, be faced with a 4 Zero rated aluminium foil and can also be supplied, if required with a self adhesive backing. All joints shall be be sealed using Thermotec 75mm wide tape.
Benefits of Rooftherm & Walltherm:
- Completely free from all synthetic mineral fibres (SMF's) and therefore no special clothing including respirators is required.
- User friendly and completely safe to handle.
- While Rooftherm is fire retarded, in the event of ignition gases released are non-toxic: i.e. NO carbon monoxide or hydrogen cyanide.
- No filtration problems caused by fibrous dust particle release, the likes of which may in turn cause jamming in filter sand valves.
- Less load on fixing pins, thus reduced likelihood of product coming loose from fixings due to sagging induced strain loads.
- Where access is required for services, the product is easily cut with a sharp knife and does not tear, rip or splinter.
- Polyethylene foam is not rigid or brittle and therefore will not crack or snap when being handled or transported.
- Rooftherm is economical, as there is low wastage due to the variety of sizes available, and is ideal where tight roof levels exist as there is no necessity to alter roof levels.
- A range of thicknesses available to meet required 'R' values.
- Fully recyclable.
- Thermotec Rooftherm is 100% Australian Made.
Dimensions (Standard) of Rooftherm & Walltherm:
- Batt Thickness: 25mm & 50mm *Both thicknesses come with either foil face or plain finish
- Batt Width: 1m
- Batt Length: 2m