Telford Smith rubber extruders are equipped with specially designed, jacketed barrels as standard. Telford Smith jacketed barrels are of a three - piece design, consisting of an outer and inner layer and a completely separate liner. The liner therefore can be replaced once it has worn out with no need to dismantle the actual water jackets. The jackets are welded and pressure tested to 250PSI, and can handle water or oil.
Telford Smith offer a range of cold feed, roller assisted rubber extruders for various applications.
Rubber Extruding Machines from Telford Smith Feature:
- Optional round, square, rectangular or tangential feed openings
- One piece jacketed barrels with replaceable liners
- Barrels suitable for oil or water heating & cooling
- Independently driven, heavy duty roller feed allowing speed variation between the roller feed & main drive motor.
- Compact roller feed design with all components housed within the standard extruder frame.
- Roller feed mounted on a hinged swing arm allowing fast access to the feed area for cleaning & maintenance procedures.
- Hardened feed roller mounted on bronze bearings.
- Standard extruders supplied with free standing water/oil barrel heating units
- Barrel venting on request
- Hydraulic head clamps available on request
- Integrated electrical control systems manufactured to suit specific customer requirements
Telford Smith rubber extruders are available in either hot or cold feed versions
The feed section for the hot feed extruder is a fabricated, jacketed section with a separate liner. The liner is typically undercut and also nitrided. There are many different designs or openings available. These include; round, square, rectangular, centred, tangential.
Telford Smith has, for over 20 years, manufactured an independently driven feed roller for cold feed extruders. This type of roller has a driven shaft via a chain and sprocket arrangement to a geared AC motor. This gives the extruder infinite choices for screw speed Vs feed roll speed. The geared AC motor is typically fitted within the confines of the main base and therefore does not affect the width or length of the extruder. The feed opening is on the side with the hardened feed roller mounted via hinged swing arms. The arms are precision ground flat and are bushed for the roller shafts. This particular design of feed is not jacketed as such; instead a cross-drilling method is employed to provide for a cooling medium. A separate nitrided undercut liner is fitted.
Cold feed or hot feed with optional screw diameters 1.4", 2.5", 3.5", 4.5", 6". Cold feed with independently driven feed roll. Custom built to your requirements.
Rubber Extruders may be custom built for specific customer requirements. For more information on rubber extrusion machines please call or email for a direct reply.