Backplane Systems Technology has launched MPL’s new MAGBES-20 Family of Rugged Gigabit Ethernet Switch Solutions. The MAGBES-20 Family is the 3rd Generation of MAnaged GigaBit Ethernet Switches (MAGBES) release by MPL AG of Switzerland.
The MAGBES-20 Series consists of models with up to five ports that can be equipped with RJ45 connectors or lockable headers of which two ports can be fiber using SFP modules. All ports have status LEDs, indicating the activity and speed of each port. The indication signals, reset and default settings can also be accessed remotely. The MAGBES solution is extremely compact and can be used as an open fame solution or in a MIL housing with connectors of your choice.
Supply power is 5–36VDC and can be used under any condition less than 4W. The product can be operated at -20°C to +60°C and optional extended temperature is available from -40°C to +85°C. The MAGBES Family is designed to meet or exceed the most common industrial, transport and military standards such as EN50155, MIL-STD-810-F/G and MIL-STD-461E
The MAGBES products support features such as:
- Configurable via Web Interface or Command line Interface
- Port-based and IEEE 802.1Q VLAN
- IEEE 802.1D Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol
- IEEE 802.1X MAC Address Checking
- Quality of Service
- SNMP Support
- Port monitoring
- Switch Statistics
- Digital diagnostic monitoring (DDM) according SFF-8472 (models with SFP Slot)
- Firmware Update via Web Interface
- Down- and upload-able configuration files in XML format
- Fanless operation in environments from -40°C to 85°C
- The MAGBES can be used as stand-alone product or in a PC/104 or PC/104-Plus stack.
- The MAGBES supports all SFPs which are MSA compliant and Ethernet compatible.