The horizontally mounted rotor with four V-shaped cross section compartments is manufactured from wear-resistant HARDOX steel. A HARDOX sill at the inlet sees to cutting of wood chippings
The feeders are equipped with a direct drive. The plate opposite the drive end is equipped with an externally placed roller bearing which does not come into contact with the material fed. The bearing ensures higher resistance to stress and radial loads.
RW Rotary Valves have been developed for controlled discharging and feeding of wood pellets or chippings from silos, hoppers, pneumatic conveying systems, bag filter houses, or cyclones.
The shape of the rotor blades and the cutting sill at the inlet ensure any wood present in the biofuel mixture will be cut.
Performance & Technical Features - Benefits
- Feed rates from 2.2 to 19.5 litres per revolution (0.08 to 0.7 cu ft per revolution)
- Different drives for three different rotation speeds (10, 20 or 30 r.p.m.)
- Compatible with other WAMGROUP® equipment thanks to WAM® standard flanges
- Robust and compact design
- HARDOX sill mounted on the feeder inlet cuts pieces of wood thus avoiding locking of the feeder
- HARDOX rotor
- Operating temperature with special version from -20 °C to 150 °C (-4 °F to 300 °F)
- Easy access to all internal mechanical components
- RW Rotary Valves are certified in conformity with the Austrian Directive TRVB H 118
- RW Rotary Valves are designed for operation in the production of wood biofuel produced in conformity with standards ONORM M7132, ONORM M7133, ONORM M7135, ONORM M7136 and ONORM M7137.
Options & Accessories
- Greased or gas or air-purged shaft seals
- Direct drive with gear motor
- Rotation indicator
- Enforced motor cooling
- Thermistors on motor winding
- NEMA standard electric motors