The SASS 2300 is the only portable sampler to receive US Dept of Homeland Security certification.
The unit can collect both particulates and water-soluble chemical vapours from air. These materials are extracted from sampled air and trapped in a small volume of liquid (typically distilled water) that can be removed at any time for analysis. No additives or surfactants are required. A fluid monitoring system will maintain a fixed liquid volume in the device regardless of collection time, air temperature or relative humidity.
The unit is microcontroller based and can function in stand-alone mode or connected to other detection or communications devices via RS-232. Integration with RAPTOR and BIOHAWK biodetectors is readily achieved. UAV-borne operations are possible.
- Air Collection Rate: 325LPM using 40,000hr life brushless fan.
- Particulate Collection range: 1-10micro.m
- Concentration range: 75,000/min nominal
- Liquid Inventory: 4-5cc (with 1L reservoir)
- Size: 18.4 x 21.3 x 34.3cm
- Weight: 3.8kg with battery (+1kg water in reservoir).
- Power: 12VDC or 82-265VAC; Consumption 0.92 amps at 12V/11W.