The FD–34X series is compatible with insensitive lead–in fibre optic cable. The use of insensitive lead–in cable allows the APU to be mounted up to 20 km away from the protected zone, leaving only the inert fibre sensor cable deployed in the zone. This feature makes the FD–34X series an ideal platform for protecting areas in or near EMI/RFI fields, areas of extreme temperatures, or for protecting environments with corrosive and flammable materials harmful to electronic components.
Through the use of its insensitive lead–in cables, the Model FD–34X offers users the ability to monitor and protect two zones (buried zone and a fence line) from the same alarm processing unit, both up to 20 km away.
- First dual channel, remote-capable APU (FD-342)
- Sensor cable immune to EMI, RFI and lightning
- Detection zones of up to 5 km in length
- Insensitive lead-in cable length up to 20 km
- Intelligent signal processing
- Highly adjustable sensing parameters
- XML of FSN communication options