This classic, compact design is available in the SP Range for low torque applications and in the GP, GH Series; P, and H Range whenever high torque levels are required.
The standard symmetrical design is used for all Scotch Yoke actuators; the more powerful canted version can also be specified for GP and GH series models.
GP/GH Range Overview
- GP (pneumatic) and GH (hydraulic) Range scotch yoke actuators are designed to provide a rotary, quarter-turn movement for either on/off or modulating duty. The rugged yet compact design is available with two different yoke designs. The classic symmetrical yoke delivers peak torque at both ends of stroke. Alternatively, they can be supplied with canted torque arms designed to deliver peak torque at only one end of stroke. Use of canted arms can often reduce actuator size, weight and cost for valves with appropriate torque demand characteristics.
- GP and GH Range actuators share a modular construction. The centre body is available in ten sizes producing output torque up to 600,000 Nm (5.3 million inch pounds). A pneumatic or hydraulic cylinder can be attached to either or both sides. A spring canister can also be fitted to either side.
CP Range Overview
- CP Range actuators are of a versatile, modular, scotch yoke design available in four body sizes, in both double acting and spring return configurations with output torque up to 3,500 Nm (30,000 inch pounds). The compact and efficient design yields surprisingly high torques even at low pressures. The design concepts found in Rotork’s large, heavy-duty actuators have been applied to the CP Range, which brings heavy-duty actuator qualities to small, quarter turn actuators.
- A single piston rod supported on both sides of the yoke by PTFE impregnated bronze bushings eliminates the misalignment, friction and wear inherent in some other small actuator designs. The actuator body is of rugged cast iron. Cylinders are manufactured from carbon steel, electroless nickel-plated for corrosion resistance and low piston seal friction.
P/H Range Overview
- P (pneumatic) and H (hydraulic) Range scotch yoke actuators are designed to provide a rotary, quarter-turn movement for either on/off or modulating duty. P Range actuators have operating pressures up to17 bar (250 psi). H Range actuators have operating pressures up to 210 bar (3,000 psi).
- P and H Range actuators share a modular construction. The ductile iron centre body is available in two sizes producing output torque up to 5,400 Nm (48,000 inch pounds). A pneumatic or hydraulic cylinder can be attached to either or both sides. A spring canister can also be fitted to either side.
"Zero failures" for power station's electro-hydraulic control valve solution