Advantages of incorporating Scott Spiral UHMWPE Edging in your Screw Conveyor:
- With edging installed close to the trough surface in inclined conveyor systems, fall back of fine particle products is significantly reduced
- Due to reduced fall back, the material remaining in the Screw Conveyor is minimal and the subsequent clean out of the conveyor is reduced
- When hanger bearings can be eliminated and a continuous screw used, the flow of product will be vastly improved
- The use of UV stabilisers has resulted in prolonged use in outdoor applications exposed to sunlight
- The use of UHMWPE Edging protects the screw from wear and damage at its most venerable point, the outer edge of the flight.
Scott Spiral’s Bristle Edging has bristles clipped into a steel channel giving a brush type form. The steel channel of the ‘brush’ can then be tacked to the face of the flight allowing the bristle to extend passed the outer edge of the Screw Flights, providing a continuous ‘sweeping’ action along the length of the screw.
Fitting Bristle Edging provides many advantages over a standard Screw Conveyor, especially when conveying delicate or brittle materials. The flighting keeps the material moving, while the bristle protects the delicate substance from irreversible damage.
Advantages of incorporating Scott Spiral Bristle Edging in your Screw Conveyor:
- Reduces material damage, without decreasing your screw capacity
- Can perform in high-speed units
- Custom-built to fit your specific application
- Available bristle channels include mild, stainless, and galvanized