Most septic tanks have a maximum capacity of 4,000 litres. The Maxi Tank comes in 2 sizes:
1) The Maxi tanks working capacity is 7,100 litres with a tank capacity of 8,100 litres.
2) A Maxi Tank with a working capacity of 18,000 litres with a tank capacity of 22,000 litres
The Maxi Tank has several different uses:
It can be used as a traditional septic tank, it will accommodate both the black water and grey water in separate sealed chambers.
It can be used as a pump station that holds the solid particles in one chamber and filters the water through the other chambers to the discharge chamber. The effluent can then be pumped to sewer or to another treatment system.
It can be used as a modern septic system where all the waste is collected in the tank and the effluent is then pumped to absorption trenches.
The Maxi Tank is also used by companies who make Sand Filter Treatment Systems.
The Maxi Tank Benefits
The Maxi Tanks greatest benefit is it’s large size, due to this the Maxi Tank can hold effluent for a long period of time. The longer you can hold effluent the cleaner the water will come out the other end. The cleaner the water the better end result for the environment and your back pocket i.e the absorption trenches that you have installed will last longer.
What makes up a Maxi Tank?
- The Maxi Tank is a five chamber tank that is made from one piece of concrete.
- A high water float
- A high water visual flashing alarm
- A Taylex filter (TFS) that has been specifically designed for septic systems.
- A Submersible Pump if required.
- Height: 2750mm + 80mm Pedestrian Lid or 150mm Light Trafficable Lid
- Diameter: 3450mm
- Weight: 10ton with Pedestrian Lid or 11.1ton with Light Trafficable Lid
- Invert: 2600mm
- Outlet: 2580mm