From Customer idea and sketch Wickham Plastics designed and developed this project which included selection and testing of alternative materials (such as ABS, filled and un-filled Nylon, Acrylic, PP and Acetyl), prototyping, extensive die trialing and tool modification, ultra sonic welding, assembly and labelling.
Key features of the new container include:
- An optimised "rocker blade" remover incorporating a unique metal anvil for superior wear resistance;
- A complex "finger & ratchet" mechanism to automatically count the number of blades removed;
- A highly engineered "control gate and hook" system that shuts-off to prevent the insertion of additional handles once a pre-set volume of blades has been stripped.
- Sharps container is secured by a reusable mounting bracket so that you do not have to hold or brace the container when in use.
- Sharps container ensures optimal safety based on speed and convenience for the end user, ergonomic simplicity, passive, automatic and single handed safety priniples.
The project was successfully completed in a condensed 12 months time frame in order to meet domestic and export deliveries.
Wickham Plastics proudly acheived the;
"Winner of the Australian (Engineering) Design Award for the Sharps Container Scalpel Blade Remover."