Single phase transformers custom made for multiple purposes
Because single phase transformers come in a wide range of sizes and are used in a variety of applications you may benefit from having yours custom designed and made.
Applications include lighting, medical equipment, industrial machinery, and domestic equipment amongst a vast range of uses.
Southern Electronic Services keeps a huge range of bobbins, cores, frames and enclosures so we can make the single phase transformer you need in quick time - usually within a few days.
Contact us if you are unsure of the type of transformer you need - with over 30 years experience we can answer most questions and steer you in the right direction. Advice and quotes cost you nothing and are obligation free.
What are the capabilities of single phase transformers?
They can change voltage, protect equipment (by isolating line voltage from load voltage) and compensate for voltage drops.
They cannot change frequency, convert single phase current to three phase current, stabilize fluctuating line voltage or increase 'power' factor.
What do Southern Electronic Service single phase transformers offer?
- Fast turnaround of custom transformers - often within days
- Robust construction
- Your choice of input and output voltages with taps if required
- Multiple secondary windings available
- Available as open type with flying leads, printed circuit mounting or terminal blocks
- Can be fused on primary and/or secondary in most cases depending on current
- Choice of mounting brackets
- Tough Varnish Coating - either clear or black
- Can be encased in powder coated steel (IP21) enclosure for hard wiring, or with mains cord on input & output socket on outside of case
- Good load regulation
- Can have an ELECTRO-STATIC SCREEN between primary and secondary windings
- Available in a wide power range - from 2VA to 150 KVA
- Insulation classes up to class H - 180°C
- Australian Standard AS61558 - 1997 compliant
To Know More about Single phase transformers Please click here