Track Matting (Spill Protection) is Australian made and designed to provide sorbency and spill protection in rail-specific applications. This three level matting is made up of sorbent needle-punched material which is top layered with a UV mesh for added strength and then poly-backed with a chemical resistant material to keep unwanted fluids from getting into the ballast and leaching into our waterways.
Construction of Track Matting:
- Top layer – mesh UV protection layer
- Second layer – hydrocarbon absorbent layer
- Third layer – industrial grade PVC sealant layer
Roll Sizes for Track Matting:
- Length - 25 metre lengths to facilitate OH&S friendly handling
- Widths – 1.5 metre for between tracks, 0.5 metre for outer track leaks
Installation of Track Matting:
- Simply roll out between tracks (and outer edges if required) – secure by nailing to sleepers or weighting with ballast.
Advantages of Track Matting:
- Increased service life (typically twice that of single layer matting)
- Cost savings through lower replacement intervals
- Positive protection of the ballast through PVC sealing layer and rolled edges preventing edge overflow of spills
- User friendly roll sizes (25m lengths)